Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Berlin Wall: 25 Years Later, in Los Angeles

CC in front of the Berlin Wall segment on Wilshire Boulevard in 2009.
To commemorate today's 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, I wanted to refresh some pics I've posted before about the historic structure from Los Angeles' German sister city.

You might have passed the above segment of the Berlin Wall if you've driven along Wilshire Boulevard's Miracle Mile. While these segments arrived in LA in 2009, as part of the 20th anniversary of the fall, they've changed a bit since then.

The white slabs have since been painted over with images of Presidents John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, and two more pieces have been added to make it the longest stretch of the Berlin Wall outside of Germany, according to KCRW. (Also, CC has gotten noticeably bigger in those 5 years. :)

I'm still so happy that I was able to take CC to Berlin in 2012 for the city's international film festival. What's also meaningful is that I found out I was pregnant with Will on the day we left -- which also happened to be my birthday. It was really special.

We can't wait to go back again.

CC in Berlin in 2012.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails