Friday, June 24, 2011

L.A. Story Talks to 'Salaam Dunk' Director David Fine



Earlier this week, I had the chance to chat with director David Fine, whose documentary "Salaam Dunk" (which I reviewed here) about a women's basketball team in Iraq, is screening in competition at the Los Angeles Film Festival.

CC accompanied me on this downtown outing, and let's just say it was ... entertaining. I mean, how fun can it be for a 4-year-old to sit quietly when what she really wants to do is be in charge of the camera herself?

Needless to say, there are some CC cameos and a bit of strategic editing.

That said, I'm pretty sure CC charmed Mr. Fine. He was more than pleasant, gracious and discussed fascinating moments about his time in Iraq.

Check out the above video! The film screens tonight at Regal Cinemas L.A. Live.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails